Capital grants are available for Armed Forces charities to renovate or refurbish community halls used by veterans and their communities. There is a total funding pot of £3 million.
There are two bands under which to apply:
- Band A – grants of up to and including £30,000 will fund the total cost of the project (including VAT). Band A grants are available across the three funding rounds.
- Band B – grants of between £30,000 and £150,000 will only be available in the third funding round and awarded in February 2020. These grants are for more complex projects, and it is mandatory that applicants discuss their project with the Trust before 4pm on 27 September 2019.
Band A applications can be made at any time from 14 January 2019 until 9am on 4 November 2019. During this period there will be three deadlines to determine when the application will be considered:
- Round 1: 9am 11 March for decision before end May 2019
- Round 2: 9am 3 June for decision before end August 2019
- Round 3: 9am 4 November for decision before end February 2020
Band B applications open for pre-application phone calls from 21 January until 27 September 2019. To arrange a call, an email should be sent to email@example.com.
Applicants for Band B must have a mandatory discussion with the Armed Forces Covenant Trust between 21 January 2019 and 4pm on Friday 27 September 2019. If it is agreed that a Band B application can be made, then a unique reference number will be supplied to the applicant during the conversation with the Trust. Without this unique reference number, no application for Band B will be considered.
More information can be found on the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust website – http://www.covenantfund.org.uk/veterans-community-centres.
Contact the Armed Forces Covenant Trust for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org.