Grants are available for small, locally based voluntary and community groups to support projects which benefit local communities around Co-op food stores and funeral homes across the UK or the Isle of Man.
No minimum or maximum amount of funding is specified.
Most communities get £4,000 to £6,000 to share between three causes.
The funding will be made in two payments: April 2020 and November 2020.
The Co-op Local Community Fund is provided by the Co-op as part of a new membership scheme which gives a 5% reward to shoppers on their purchases of Co-op own-brand products and services, together with an additional 1% given to local causes of their choice.
The Co-op is offering the funding as a way to support local groups that are working to benefit the lives of Co-op members and their communities. The deadline for applications is 16 June 2019.
Funding is available for projects which benefit local communities centred around Co-op food stores and funeral homes.
To be eligible, projects must address at least one of the following:
- Help a local community come together to save, build, fix or improve indoor or outdoor local spaces.
- Support the mental or physical health of a community through wellbeing activities.
- Help people reach their full potential by developing their skills.
- Projects or events must also:
- Take place in the UK or Isle of Man.
- Not have religious or political aims; however, religious organisations can apply.
- Benefit the local community.
- Take place or will still be running after November 2020.
- Meet the Co-operatives values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. (In the tradition of their founders, Co-operative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.)