Grants are available to Armed Forces charities, Community Interest Companies or Armed Forces units for projects supporting Armed Forces families in the UK who are facing challenges. The total budget for the programme is £7.5 million.
The following grants are available:
- Medium grants of £30,000-£100,000.
- Large grants of £100,001-£300,000 (some exceptional projects could receive up to £500,000).
Grants are for projects lasting between one and three years.
Decisions on all grants will be made in February 2020.
Lead applicants must be one of the following:
- Registered charities, which meet the Trust’s definition of an Armed Forces charity.
- Community Interest Companies (CICs), which meet the Trust’s definition of an Armed Forces CIC.
- Armed Forces units with a UIN (Unit Identification Number).
Working with other organisations, either informally or as Delivery Partners who will help develop and deliver the overall project, is encouraged but not required.
The application procedure depends on the size of grant being requested:
Medium grants – A single stage application process is in place with an application deadline of 12 September 2019.
Large grants – There is a two-stage application process in place. Initially, an expression of interest should be submitted by the deadline of 18 July 2019. Successful expressions of interest will be shortlisted and applicants will then be invited to complete a full application, which will need to be submitted by 19 December 2019.
Decisions on all grants will be made in February 2020. For more information see the fund’s website at https://www.covenantfund.org.uk/removing-barriers-to-family-life/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.