Grants are available for local voluntary and community organisations in coalfield areas to address local needs during the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis. The maximum grant available is £10,000.
The Fund’s Trustees have responded to the challenges brought about by the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis and allowed the funding support to be altered to better support the delivery and sustainability of key services.
Priority will be given to organisations that are delivering support services or have significantly adapted their services in order to respond to the current crisis and support vulnerable people.
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate how their organisation is addressing the current situation and how additional funding will sustain or extend service delivery
- If their application is successful, the project must be able to start immediately
- Their project must last for a minimum of two months (the expectation is that projects will deliver over a six month period rather than the usual 12 month period)
Projects should be based in an eligible coalfield community or be able to show clear and immediate benefits for an eligible coalfield community that has high levels of deprivation. The funding can cover up to 100% core costs if required.
Examples of the type of organisations/services that could be supported include:
- Organisations providing advice, guidance and support to people in crisis.
- Organisations providing food banks, food parcels, personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies or direct support to people who are experiencing financial hardship.
- Organisations supporting people who are experiencing poor mental health.
- Organisations supporting vulnerable people who are experiencing health inequalities, loneliness and/or social isolation.
- Organisations supporting people experiencing domestic violence/sexual abuse.
- Organisations supporting local community activity, including volunteering, and co-ordination of services.
There is a two-stage application process. Groups need to first complete an eligibility questionnaire before accessing the application. The eligibility survey for the late July 2020 committee closes at 5pm on 29 May 2020 (5pm). The deadline for applications is 12 June 2020 (5pm)
There are a number of funding exclusions. Guidance notes can be found on the Coalfields Regeneration Trust website (https://www.coalfields-regen.org.uk/).
Contact the Coalfields Regeneration Trust: