Emergency grants are available for small to medium-sized charities and social enterprise organisations in England to help them continue to deliver services to people and communities affected by coronavirus/COVID-19. Applications will be assessed in the order in which they are received.
Three kinds of grants are available:
- Grants from £300 to £10,000.
- Grants from £10,000 to £100,000.
- Grants for organisations working in partnership, from £10,000 to £100,000.
The funding is to cover an organisation’s spending for up to six months after the award has been granted. Larger awards or longer time-frames will be considered particularly for organisations working across more than one area of England. This will be on a case-by-case basis.
It is anticipated that there will be a high demand for this funding and it will be oversubscribed.
The Fund has two key objectives:
- To increase community support to vulnerable people affected by the COVID-19 crisis, through the work of civil society organisations.
- To reduce temporary closures of essential charities and social enterprises, ensuring services for vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 have the financial resources to operate, and so reduce the burden on public services.
The application process is designed to be fast and simple. Groups can fill in an online form, or email answers or submit a video instead.
Details of the application process can be found on the National Lottery Community Fund website (https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding).
Contact the National Lottery Community Fund for further information using 028 9568 0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.