The National Lottery Heritage Fund is distributing £40m of this third round of the Culture Recovery Fund, in partnership with Historic England, based on criteria set by DCMS. This round of funding will have two strands:
- Strand One: Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage: Emergency Resource Support – for organisations that are in severe need and have not yet received support from the Culture Recovery Fund.
- Strand Two: Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage: Continuity Support – for organisations that are in need and have already received support from the Culture Recovery Fund.
The £40m will be distributed between the two strands of funding based on the level of demand or organizations that;
- owns, works or manages heritage based in England.
- Have not received a previous Culture Recovery Fund Grant.
- Need between £10,000 and £1 million.
Government will keep the delivery of this funding under active review and consider how best to adapt it in line with the needs of the sector.
This guidance sets out the details of Culture Recovery for Heritage: Emergency Resource Support.
The aim of this strand of the fund is to help maintain England’s cultural ecology by supporting culturally significant organisations, which are now:
- at imminent risk of failure due to the ongoing impact of Covid-19, and
- have exhausted all other reasonable options for increasing their resilience.
In line with previous rounds of Culture Recovery funding, the central aims of this strand are to enable cultural organisations to:
- reopen/restart their operations, where appropriate
- operate on a sustainable, cost-efficient basis, so that they are able to reopen at a later date if, for example, reopening under social distancing is not permissible or does not represent a value for money approach.
Applicants can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £1million to cover core operating costs up to a point where they can demonstrate a return to financial viability. Funding cannot extend beyond 31 December 2021.
For more information and to apply see https://www.heritagefund.org.uk/funding/culture-recovery-fund-emergency-resource.