As heritage organisations across the UK come under increasing pressure and financial constraints, the aim of the Steps to Sustainability programme is to provide a pathway of support for small to medium-sized UK heritage organisations to enable them to turn a new income generating business idea into reality.
Programme participants receive:
- A 15-month package of support to develop their income generating idea.
- Access to funding of up to £10,000.
Applications will be accepted from small to medium-sized heritage organisations based in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and those who want to attend a Scottish Gaelic language delivered programme who:
- Have an income-generating idea that is not yet fully formed.
- Need the resources and support the programme offers to pursue their idea.
- Will release up to two people from their organisation, ideally a trustee and a staff member or volunteer to attend the full programme.
Eligible organisations include:
- Social enterprises.
- Local authorities.
- Community Interest Companies (CICs).
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations (SCIOs).
- Limited companies.
Large development bodies or large funding organisations are not eligible. There are no limitations on what ideas programme participants may develop. Examples could include:
- Creating or improving a retail/café offer.
- Developing an outside space.
- Redeveloping a disused space.
- Offering facilities for events.
- Linking with external organisations to provide a service.
The Round 2 deadline for applications is 23 July 2021. For more information see https://your.socialenterprise.academy/course/view.php?id=599.