Small grants are available for essential works to not-for-profit theatres in the UK that will enable them to be viable and thrive in the future. The scheme aims to fund small capital improvements to theatres run by charities and not-for-profit groups that will make a big impact to a theatre’s resilience, sustainability or accessibility. This can include works to make theatres COVID-secure and ready to reopen.
Grants are available for small capital projects that will make a big impact to a theatre’s resilience, sustainability or accessibility.
Eligible projects include:
• Improvements and repairs to the building fabric
• The installation of key plant and machinery.
• Works or which make theatre buildings digital-ready.
• The purchase of key equipment (not software) to improve digital infrastructure.
• Projects that help to make theatres COVID-secure for reopening.
This scheme will prioritise improvements to buildings that protect theatre use and remove barriers to participation and attendance.
The next deadline for applications is 8 November 2021 (17:00). Application forms are available to download from the Theatres Trust’s website.
Pre-application discussions are welcomed and applicants are invited to contact Theatres Adviser Tom Stickland by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their projects before applying.