Funding is intended to support community-led organisations (with an annual turnover below £250,000) to deliver change by drawing on the ‘lived experiences’ of people who have experienced the issues being tackled. These issues should align with one of Comic Relief’s four strategic themes:
• Children Survive and Thrive – ensuring every child has the best start in life.
• Fighting for Gender Justice – tackling gender-based violence, inequality and exploitation.
• A Safe Place to Be – supporting those who have been displaced to access secure housing and feel settled in their new homes.
• Mental Health Matters – helping people with poor mental health to access appropriate support.
Grants of up to a maximum of £10,000 are available with:
• Capacity Building grants of up to £1,000 to be spent on activities to strengthen operations and governance. (All applications must include this grant).
• Project Delivery grants of up to £9,000 to deliver projects that fit with the programme’s strategic themes.
This is a three-year fund with three application rounds:
• Round 1 is currently open with a deadline of 29 November 2021. Panel meetings are expected in February 2022.
• Round 2 will open in March 2022 and close in June 2022. Panel meetings are expected in September 2022.
• Round 3 will open in October 2022 and close in January 2023. Panel meetings are expected in March 2023.
Please note the fund may close earlier than the deadline if sufficient applications are received before the date.
The first step in the application process is to complete an online Eligibility Checker. Eligible groups will then be given a link to the online application form.
Groundwork are administering the grant and guidelines and the eligibility checker can be found on their website: https://www.groundwork.org.uk/comic-relief/apply/.
Groups can contact Groundwork UK if they have questions about the programme or the application process using 0121 237 5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.