At the moment the team is a small one, comprising two, but we hope to recruit like-minded people in the future.
Colin Williamson – Director
I have been involved in the not-for-profit sector since 2001 working for councils for voluntary service, a volunteer bureau, a grant writer for a grief counselling organization and as a freelance consultant.
As a provider of advice, guidance, information and training. I have worked on projects supporting community and voluntary groups and social enterprises on a wide range of topics.
- Information Technology (how to use it to make your business more efficient).
- Supported Volunteering (for people with extra support needs).
- Funding (applications, strategies, sources).
- Community Engagement (in areas of deprivation and low community activity)
- Social Enterprise (promoting the concept and aiding groups to start-up ventures)
- Organizational Development (Business & Project Planning, Organization Set-up, Governance, Marketing &c).
My qualifications include; University Graduate Certificate in Community Practice for the Voluntary Sector, Post Graduate Certificate of Education in Business Studies and Information Technology, Graduate Diploma in Law, BA (Hons) Economics.
For a full history of my work in the not-for-profit sector click here.
Jen Denson – Director
I have a background in student and staff development in higher education and I am passionate about well-being and learning.
Areas I offer include:
- The Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Two Day course, which qualifies participants as Mental Health First Aiders.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Step I – both as a group or one-to one. This provides a really positive framework to make sense of how we interact with the world and each other and to appreciate our differences.
- Introductory mindfulness workshops, particularly incorporating mindfulness into daily life.
- Mindful Writing Days, combining contemplative and mindful practices with structured writing time.
- Structured writing retreats and days.
- Self-confidence workshops and other areas of personal and professional development.