Awards are available for sports clubs throughout the UK to improve facilities, buy new kit and equipment, and increase sporting opportunities. Grants of £500 and £1,000 are awarded at the discretion of Paddy Power Betfair and the judging panel.
The deadline for applications is 27 September 2019 with notification to winners in October 2019. Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Funding can be requested for anything that will add to the sustainability and effectiveness of the sports club, including buying new equipment, improving facilities or helping members to gain coaching qualifications.
Examples of previously supported projects include the following:
- Training for Coaches to ensure they are all level 1 standard.
- Junior paddles and safety equipment.
- Underwater camera for monitoring swimmers’ technique.
- Equipment for a golf club team.
- Racing wheelchair and other athletics equipment.
- New rugby kit, tackle bags, balls and corner flags.
- Kit for a junior netball team.
- Tennis court resurfacing.
- Floor mats and low balance beams.
- First aid training for coaches and new first aid equipment.
- Lifejackets, radios and paddles.
- Developing links with local disability schools to get more disabled children to play cricket.
- Funds for a new floor.
- Purchase of Dojang matting.
- Tennis ball machine and new balls and nets.
Applications should be made using the online application form at the dedicated Cash4 Clubs website (https://cash-4-clubs.com/). Contact Betfair for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.